3 Years Of Blogging

Thursday, 23 June 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLOUD CAITLIN!

Wow! Where have the years gone?
When I started this blog 3 years ago I had just finished my GCSEs and was bored senseless and now I've been through Sixth Form, traveled a lot of the Southern Hemisphere, about to head off to California for the summer and starting my first year of Uni in September!


In terms of design, my blog has come so far! I think I'm on like my fifth banner and I am constantly fiddling around with the layout and widgets and trying to improve the look.

A couple of weeks ago I took the blunge and bought a simple template from Etsy that was customisable but came with the floating header and just had everything I was looking for and wasn't achieving on my own - I'm not all that good at coding!


And the content! I started off just writing whatever I felt like; Life, Beauty, Fashion etc. But I feel like when I first started out I spent a lot of time looking at other blogs and trying to fit in to every category going. Trying to appeal to a readership isn't important to me anymore; I liked the idea of being able to get paid for blogging when I was younger and now I'm writing for myself (and whoever wants to read I guess!)
A lot of the last three years has been a mess content wise but now I am trying to focus more on Travel themed content. The last four months have been absolutely incredible for me, so eyeopening in so many ways that I now know what I want to write about.
Yes, there will still be fashion posts and film posts - I'm studying film after all! - and even a few beauty here and there but for now I'm going to focus on Travel and see where that gets me!


Check out my travel journal posts from January 2016-May 2016 in my blog archive as well as my destinations page for specific countries!

P.S the cupcakes are chocolate with butter icing and proseco infused strawberries!