Marc Jacobs Violet Perfume

Thursday, 5 November 2015


I was never all that big on perfume when I was younger as it was normally way too expensive. However, more recently I have become obsessed with finding new scents every time I go through duty free at an airport or visit a department store.


Last month when I went to Croatia I found this amazing Marc Jacobs scent called Violet. At the time I didn't have the money to buy it so I thought I'd take a look for it when I got home. It turns out that this scent is an exclusive to duty free and the Marc Jacobs website. 
So when I went to Budapest at the beginning of October, and flew out of Gatwick for the first time, I took the opportunity to grab one of the last bottles!


For one I love Marc Jacobs perfume packaging, there's just something about it. And this perfume looks the same as the Honey range but is in the same style colour wise as the Daisy range but the metallic box is so different to any other Marc Jacobs fragrance.

To me this perfume has a very floral scent with a hint of vanilla but these are the scents according to the Marc Jacobs website:

Top Notes: Calabrian Bergamot, Crisp Green Apple, Kumquat. 

Mid Notes: White Lily, Jasmine Petals, Magnolia, Violet. 

Dry Notes: Vanilla Bean, Precious Woods, Skin Musks.

I was quite surprised that the 'top notes' included Kumquat and Apple as it doesn't smell fruity to me at all! If any of you have this amazing perfume I'd love to know what you think it smells like! Or any suggestions for new perfumes to try?