September Favourites | 2015

Sunday, 11 October 2015


September came and went so quickly that it barely felt like it happened. This is the first year since I was three that I haven't gone back to school so that was a bit weird. Autumn is my favourite season and October is my favourite month because it means the Halloween is just around the corner!

Beauty


This month I got a hold of the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Eyeliner from work and I have been loving it! The angled nib of the pen makes it so easy to vary the thickness of the line which make application so much easier. Also the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade Hot Pepper. It's long lasting and is a great texture on my lips, the only issue is that it's difficult to get off again!

Fashion


For Autumn layers are key as sometimes the weather can go either way. I love collared shirts to wear under jumpers as it means that the detail of the shirt can still be seen even when it's cold. I got this chiffon rabbit print top from H&M for £14.99 to add to my collection and I love the cute print and the slightly flared cuffs that are a little bit long so that they stick out from under sleeves.

Book


I couldn't pick just one book so I have a favourite author instead! I've been on holiday a couple of times recently so I've had plenty of time to read and I have been loving Gayle Forman. I initially picked up 'If I Stay' because I saw the movie and got the sequal as well 'Where She Went' both books follow the relationship of Mia and Adam and there are two more sequals which I am excited to read.


Film

This film is just amazing. Testament of Youth is set during World War One and follows a girl named Vera who postpones her studies at Oxford University to serve as a Voluntary Aid Detachment once her brother and the guy she likes enlist in the army. It stars Alicia Vikander, Kit Harrington, Colin Morgan and Taron Egerton to name a few. I love these kind of films as they give such perspective of how the war effected not just the soldiers but the nurses and the loved ones as well.
If you like Atonement then you will love this!

Life


As you can see from my bio I make films and am going to Falmouth university next year to study Film. Before I get there I figured I should carry on making short films so I got some new equipment, basic and cheap, but improves what I can do at the moment. I got both the steady grip and this lightweight tripod from Amazon for about £20.

Leave links to your own September favourites below!
post signature