OOTD and New School

Thursday, 27 June 2013

Hi there!

If you have read my 'about me' page you will know that I am starting Sixth Form in September. However, to do the subjects that I want I have to move schools. Today is the induction day so I thought I'd show you what I wore.

Sorry for the bad quality!
You may recognise the skirt from my previous post, I got it from New Look for £12.99. T-Shirt, also New Look, £7.99. Denim Shirt, Primark for £10.00 and Socks, £3.50 from Topshop. I also wore some white toed grey daps, which are also from New Look.

This morning I was so nervous, as I didn't know what to expect. Luckily I knew people in my first class so the day started well. Everyone was welcoming but I don't think I really calmed down until the second lesson (English language) , when I branched out and started talking to people I didn't know. It also helped that the teacher was just as crazy as my old English teacher so maybe that helped. Looking back on the day, I think just talking to someone you don't know really helps to of your initial nerves.

My third lesson was Performing Arts so  it was a bit more hands on and forced me to interact with more people. It was interesting to see how the other new people in the class interacted with the existing students, some were quite shy whilst others just got on with it.

Lunch was a little bit awkward as I didn't really know what to do, I was with my friend, but most of the existing students had left the school site to get food so we were unsure as to what to do. Somehow, I ended up with a friend from primary school who introduced me to her friends and I felt more comfortable.

The free period I had was such a nice change to my previous school. There it's always noisy but at this school everyone was quiet and just got on with their work or talking. I spent it with the same girl from primary school and some friends from the year above, and they just explained the school to me when I had questions. They also showed me to my last lesson as I had no clue where it was, the map I had didn't even help!

I think my last lesson was my favourite - Creative & Media Production. It was quite a small class and there was an equal amount of boys and girls so the ideas were quite diverse. The teacher was pretty awesome and I am weirdly excited to complete the summer project. We have to research a film genre (I got fantasy) and then storyboard a short film on how to make a cup of tea in the style of the genre. I know I'm sad.

Overall, I think it was a really good way to sample what school will be like there and it also confirmed my decision to go there. Now, I am so excited to get started in September!

- Amy Caitlin xo