I'm a Barry M kind of girl !

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Hi there!

Growing up I was never really obsessed with make up. I would get make up for birthday presents but it would mainly just sit in a draw, I was rather tomboyish between the ages of nine and twelve. However, the only beauty product that I would ever love to buy were Barry M nail varnishes. 
I adore Barry M nail varnishes, they are such good quality for a reasonable price and I like how they don't just bring out plain colours, they mix it up with metallic and special effects - I think it's great!



As you can see I have loads of different polishes that I have collected over the years. So I thought I would show you the different polishes in colour groups so you can get an idea of what they look like and so you know the details about the polishes that you like so you can go buy them!
All the Nail Varnishes have links to Barry M's website.


Special Effect Nail Varnishes

This group is a big reason that I love Barry M. I find it fascinating how someone came up with the idea of having magnetic nail paint, and the crackle effect one - how does that even happen?



   1. Magnetic Burgundy, NP 327
   2. Magnetic Purple, NP 329
   3. Magnetic Blue, NP 328













    1. Textured Nail Effect, TNP 4
2. Confetti Nail Effects, CNP 5   
3. Limited Edition, NPLES13A - Superdrug have an offer on at the moment , which offers this nail varnish as free when you spend £6 or more!

If you follow me on twitter then you will know that I was planning on going to Superdrug to get myself an end-of-exams treat, well these are what I got!






 1.  Limited Edition Effects Foil, NP LES
 2. Chameleon Colour Change, NP 330
 3. Instant Nail Effects Crackle, NP 332












My favourite polish out of my effects selection has to be this confetti one, even though it's new, I think it's brilliant as you can wear it on it's own or over the top of a solid colour. Also if your school/college was as strict as mine on nail polish, it isn't as obvious as a block colour.


Blues and Greens

These are just the regular block colours so you can find them all here.


 1. Denim, NP 325 
2. Glitter, NP 354 - one thing I would say about this polish is that it is very difficult to get off!
3. Navy, NP 292
4. Indigo, NP 312
5. Cyan Blue, NP 294










 1. Racing Green, NP 299
 2. Teal, NP 334
 3. Emerald Green, NP 284
 4. Spring Green, NP 290


I adore the Teal coloured polish, it looks so pretty when the light catches it and, even though it's hard to get off, the glitter polish does look good just like the confetti one.





Autumn Colours

I called this Autumn colours because they really do remind me of the trees just before the leaves fall off, which I think is one of the most beautiful parts of the year!



1. Mushroom, NP 310 
2. Dusky Mauve, NP 313
3. Tangerine, NP 136
4. Bright Red, NP 262
5. Raspberry, NP 273







Pinks and Purples

Again, these are just the regular block colour polishes so check out the previous link!

1. Berry Ice Cream, NP 308
2. Bright Purple, NP 303
3. Fuchsia, NP 302
4. Neon Pink, NP - this one is no longer available.  
5. Shocking Pink, NP 272








The Bright Purple polish is my favourite out of this bunch! Mainly because it is such an awesome colour but also because my best friend bought it for me after she heard me lusting after it!



All of these polishes obviously need to be taken off somehow and in the past I have used regular remover on a piece of cotton wool. However, recently I discovered a remover by Bourjois Paris where you put your finger into the bottle to take of your nail varnish. Inside the bottle there is a sponge with the remover in it and your just move your finger about a bit and the polish come off so quickly! I love it as it is so quick and easy, it has also won an ELLE Beauty Award! 



That's it from me at the moment, I hope you enjoyed this blog. Leave a comment with your favourite polish and if you know any good blogs about nail varnish, leave a link, I would love to read them!

- Amy Caitlin xo